Join expert forager Mark Williams of Galloway Wild Foods for an amazing journey of discovery through the woods and hedgerows around Roulotte Retreat in the Scottish Borders. Learn about edible fungi, plants and fruits of autumn and enjoy a wild cook-in and taster session afterwards.
What can you expect to learn?
- Find and identify important fungi species
- How to spot the dangerously poisonous mushroom families and species
- Edible plants and fruits of early Autumn
- Tips from an experienced forager on how to home in and confidently identify the best wild ingredients
- Expand your existing knowledge if you have tried foraging before
- Medicinal, craft and bushcraft uses of plants and fungi
- Fungi and plant folklore and tales of foraging derring-do
- How to harvest, clean, prepare and preserve wild ingredients
- Wild cooking tips and recipes
The event will consist of:
- Up to 2 miles gentle walking over 2.5 hours, mostly on easy paths, sometimes muddy, with occasional options for the adventurous to delve into the undergrowth!
- Wild tasters and treats during the walk
- A wild cook-in after the walk back at Roulotte Retreat to enjoy the tastes of the wild food we have encountered. (Please note this is not a full meal)
- Saturday 6 September, 2014 at Roulotte Retreat. Come for the weekend and enjoy foraging whilst you are here for some wild dining later in your roulotte - we even supply the firepit or bbq for the outdoor experience! (as well as full kitchen facilities in your roulotte if you prefer). Weekend (Fri 5 and Sat 6 Sept) special price for those signed up for Foraging Workshop £225.00 (normally £250.00). Check availability here but email to enjoy special price.
- Meet at Roulotte Retreat Studio for a cuppa at 12.30 pm, Foraging Workshop 1pm - 5pm with Mark Williams.
- Open to foragers - beginners and more experienced. Come for the day or for the weekend!
- Price £35.00 to include the Foraging workshop and refreshments at the beginning and end of the day
- Places are limited so email me soon to book and for more details