When booking with us you are entering into a binding contract with us. References to 'us' and 'we' in these Terms and Conditions relate to us, the owners (Avril Berry and Alan Fraser) of the holiday accommodation (Roulotte Retreat) and references to 'you' or 'your' relate to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. Customers renting accommodation through Roulotte Retreat are referred to as the Guest. When we email confirmation of a reservation to you, the owners (Roulotte Retreat) enter into a contract with you (the Guest), which is subject to these Booking Terms and Conditions.
Roulotte Retreat accommodation can be booked at any time online on our website. For telephone enquiries (0845 0949 729) we are open Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm and Saturday 9am – 1pm. When booking online, you shall be notified within 10 minutes with your online confirmation. Please look in your junk mail if you don't receive the confirmation as it comes directly from the booking system.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE - If you book for an individual stay with us and then are unable to fulfil your booking due to covid-19 restrictions then we can either postpone your booking, offering you alternative dates or refund your payment. If your booking changes to a different season's pricing then this shall either be payable by you or refunded to you. Avril and Alan 23 February, 2021.
1. Booking and payments
1.1 The dates of your booking will be held upon payment in full.
1.2 On receipt of your booking, a booking confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hours in the case of email. If you have not received your booking confirmation within the specified time, please notify us as soon as possible.
1.3 When you receive your booking confirmation you will also have the opportunity to select other options which you may wish to include in your stay at Roulotte Retreat, e.g. breakfast hamper, Yoga session, etc. You may wish to contact us directly to talk through the options with us.
1.4 We reserve the right to cancel a booking
1.5 Groups wishing to book Roulotte Retreat must declare their intent to the owners prior to booking. If individuals collectively book to form a group without prior disclosure to the owners then we reserve the right to cancel the contract.
2.1 All monies paid for a holiday are non-refundable within 10 weeks before check in date.
2.2 It is advisable to take out your own holiday insurance but this will be a third party arrangement and not involve Roulotte Retreat
2.3 Cancellation or Changes by us: Once we have issued you with a Holiday Confirmation we will do our very best not to make any changes to your booking or to cancel it (except due to non payment by you). Sometimes changes do occur before and after bookings have been confirmed and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so. Most changes are minor.
2.4 Roulotte Retreat are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event they are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond their control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events ("Force Majeure"). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
3.1 Alterations to your booking can only be made more than 10 weeks prior to the check in date, after which time alterations will be treated as cancellation. All alterations will incur a £30 administration fee and are subject to availability and at the discretion of Roulotte Retreat.
3.2 Differences in the total amount payable resulting from alterations will be refunded to you in the case of a decrease in price and paid by you in the case of increases in price.
4. Complaints and dissatisfaction
Your holiday enjoyment is important to us. We think it is fair that your reasonable holiday expectations should be met. If they are not, it is equally fair that you provide a chance for them to be put right before you return home. It is impossible to investigate problems of a transient nature (property preparation/cleanliness or heating for example) unless you raise them during your holiday. Tell us about your problem and give us a chance to help. If you wait until you get home before telling us of your difficulties, then unfortunately we cannot accept any liability.
5. Prices - All prices are in UK pounds sterling. If payment is being transferred from abroad then all bank charges will be payable by the guest. We guarantee that the price we quote for your holiday and subsequently ask you to pay will not change once we have agreed to accept your booking as long as you do not make alterations to price sensitive elements or use a different payment method from that selected at the time of booking. We will not enter into negotiation about our price list, specifically the fact that our retail prices may be changed up or down while you are deciding on your holiday or after you have made your booking. We reserve the right to not accept a booking if the price quoted on the website is incorrect even if this has apparently been accepted through our online system.
6. Information Information on the website is correct to the best of our knowledge, but circumstances outside of our control may cause it to become inaccurate. We apologise for any inconvenience that may result from this.
7.1 Roulotte Retreat accepts no liability for accident, loss of property or personal injury whilst on your stay.
7.2 Roulotte Retreat will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the rental unless Roulotte Retreat is responsible. In addition, the Owners, Roulotte Retreat accept no liability for loss of or damage to the Guest’s possessions on the Owners’ property or land.
7.3 Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of Roulotte Retreat:
a. for death or personal injury caused by Roulotte Retreat or the Owners negligence.
b. for any matter which it would be illegal for Roulotte Retreat or the Owners to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability.
7.4 The use of swimming ponds, lochan, streams, etc. and any other activity on the Owners land is the responsibility of the Guest and is done so at their own risk.
7.5 Roulotte Retreat is set in a natural meadow without electric lighting, apart from outside lighting on the roulottes themselves or in and around The Studio area. Guests are provided with torches so that they may find their way around the meadow safely.
8.1 We do accept well behaved dogs (maximum 2) at Horseshoe Cottage although dogs should not be left alone in the cottage unless with prior arrangement. Price for dogs staying at Horseshoe Cottage is £10.00 per dog per day. We accept one well behaved dog in Rosa Bella as from March 2020, with prior arrangement, price is £10.00 per day.
8.2 Owners should bring all bedding, towels and dog bowls, etc. which their pet requires. We would ask owners to keep pets off all furniture and to take reasonable care when bringing in wet or muddy dogs and to keep walls/floors/carpets clean.
8.3 Whilst on site we would request that all dogs are kept on leads as we do have chickens who are free range. Any mess made by dogs must be cleared up. Pet owners are liable for any damage caused by their pets. Please do not take your dogs into the meadow.
8.4 We do not allow dogs in any of the Roulottes or the Vardo (Bow Top) which is alongside the cottage. The exception to this is guests staying in Rosa Bella may have one well behaved dog. If you take a pet to accommodation that does not allow pets then we can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
8.5 We do not allow dogs to stay overnight in any vehicle in our carpark or in tents/mobile kennels, etc.
8.6 We do not allow cats in any of our accommodation.
9. Number of Persons using the Holiday Accommodation: Your holiday group must not exceed the maximum number of persons the property will sleep. If it does then we can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or to make you leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of your holiday monies or any compensation.
9.1 Roulotte Retreat is for guests staying on site in our roulottes and cottage only, we do not allow guests to stay overnight in camper vans, motorhomes, vans, tents, etc in the car park or on our premises.
10. Arrival and Departure: Check-in time is from 4-6pm on the appointed day and check-out time is 10.30 the day of departure. Please let us know if you are going to be later than the appointed arrival time. Later check-ins are fine so long as you do not disturb others or local residents. We will normally ask your approximate arrival time so that we can ensure the property is fully prepared including putting on the heating and hot water where appropriate to match your requirement.
If you do not contact us and you have not arrived at the property by noon on the day following the holiday start date we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
11. VAT VAT is payable and this is included.
12. The Holiday – Guest Conditions of occupancy and Conduct
12.1 The Guests have the right to occupy the Property for the paid for holiday period only (within the meaning of Schedule 1 Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988).
12.2 Guests undertake to behave in a proper, appropriate and legal manner with due respect to the Owner, the Property, Roulotte Retreat staff and other guests and their property. If any guest behaves inappropriately or improperly (of which the Owner will be the final judge on their Property), or illegally, the Owner reserves the right to ask the guest and their party (at their discretion) to leave the Property before the end of the holiday period. If you abuse the property or display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the Owner/Caretaker or other third party, the Owner/Caretaker can refuse to allow you possession of the property or ask you to leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
12.3 In addition, the Owner reserves the right to sue the guest for any loss, damage or injury caused to the Owner, the Property or to other guests and/or their property.
12.4 All accommodation, i.e. Roulottes, Horseshoe Cottage, Ruby Bowtop, The Studio and Covered Deck at Roulotte Retreat are completely non-smoking areas. There is a fine of £500.00 per each accommodation area if there is any evidence of this policy not being adhered to and guests may be asked to leave, with the booking being considered cancelled, with no refund as there has been a breach of contract.
12.5 Photographic projects, i.e. film and fashion shoots must be negotiated with Roulotte Retreat. It is not permitted to book a roulotte and use the booking as a commercial photoshoot.
13. Your Responsibilities: You must look after the property. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside and outside the property) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday. You must leave the property in the same state of general order in which you found it. If you break these conditions the Owner can make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused. The owners reserve the right to hold a security deposit. Where we hold a security deposit or other funds on account we will take extra fees due from these accounts.
In the same way if the Owner/Caretaker reasonably believes you are likely to act as above they can proceed as detailed above. If you have special requests or needs you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking, although we cannot guarantee that any special requests will be met, and failure on our part to meet any special request will not constitute a breach of contract. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the property you are booking is completely suitable for your needs.
If you have a medical problem or disability that may affect your holiday please tell us before you confirm your booking and follow up with details in writing (email) at the time of booking. If we feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we reserve the right to decline or cancel your booking. Any queries about your booking, after you have received your Holiday Confirmation, should be made by emailing us quoting your booking reference number.
14. Access: You must allow the Owner, or anyone representing us (and any workperson who needs to carry out repairs or maintenance) access to the property at any reasonable time during your holiday if required.
15. Breach of Booking Conditions
15.1 If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Guest or any of their party, the Owners (Roulotte Retreat) reserve the right to re-enter the Property and end the holiday and ask the Guest and their party to leave in addition to their other rights specified in these Booking Conditions.
15.2 Ending the Holiday by either Roulotte Retreat, or the Guests does not affect that party’s other rights and remedies.
16. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute will be governed by the non-exclusive law and jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
17. Authority to Sign
The person who signs the Booking Form certifies that:
- he or she is authorised to agree the Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons included in the Booking Form, including those substituted or added at a later date;
- the signatory is over twenty one years of age;
- they agree to take responsibility for the party occupying the Property, and to notify Roulotte Retreat if they are not a member of the holiday party.
In case of a discrepancy between these Booking Conditions and any other Roulotte Retreat literature, these Booking Conditions shall prevail.
19. Validity clause
In the event that a court finds that a condition in these Booking Conditions is illegal or void, the illegal or void provision will be severed from the remainder of the Booking Conditions, which will continue to be valid and have full force and effect.
20. Personal Details: We require some of your personal details when making a booking in order that we can communicate with you in regards to your holiday. We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security and privacy of your person data. We require a correct address in order to safeguard your payment card against fraud. We require a correct and valid email address as ALL communications and our arrival instructions are sent by email. We will not generally call or write to you unless there is a specific problem which requires us to do so. When you give us your email address we may add it to our mailing list. You are under no obligation to remain on this list and we will provide instructions on how to remove yourself in every email we send. We will not share your details with any third party.
21. Insurance: We strongly recommend that you have adequate travel insurance. Roulotte Retreat cannot be held liable for loss howsoever caused. We do not provide in-house insurance and will not refund you for cancellations made by you for whatever reason. We recommend that you insure yourself against cancellation and loss of valuables while away from your own home. See additional information in Cancellation section above, point 2.
22. Intellectual copyright: The copyright and all other rights on this site are owned by Avril Berry and Alan Fraser (Roulotte Retreat). As a visitor to this site, you may copy material for your own private or domestic purposes, but copying for any commercial or business use is strictly prohibited.